Love to travel and want to share your tips and stories? Ready to get started? We’ve put this guide together to help you get through the initial steps of registering a domain, setting up hosting, installing WordPress, analytics, and getting yourself a professional, custom email address. If you want to set up a travel blog for personal or business reasons, the tutorials below are required steps that anyone will need to take and will get you to the starting point.
What this is: This is a technical guide to help new travel bloggers navigate the intimidating first steps on their way to blogging.
What this isn’t: A guide to quit your job and make thousands of dollars in a couple months with a travel blog.
All of that sound good? Awesome, let’s get started!
If you’re just beginning to set up a travel blog, I recommend following each of these topics in order. If you have any questions, please comment or hit us up on social media! We’re happy to help.
- Begin Step 1 – How to Register a Domain with GoDaddy
- Begin Step 2 – Setting Up Hosting with HostGator
- Begin Step 3 – Installing WordPress on HostGator
- Begin Step 4 – Adding an SSL Certificate from HostGator
- Begin Step 5 – Installing a Theme from ThemeForest
- Begin Step 6 – Installing Google Analytics
- Begin Step 7 – Adding Google Search Console
- Begin Step 8 – Getting a Custom Email Address with G Suite